Products >> Fire & Smoke Curtain >> Smoke curtain
Active Smoke Barriers comprise technologically advanced fire-resistant fabric barriers encased in compact steel housing. Barriers remain invisibly retracted until activated by an alarm or detector signal, at which time they descend safely to their fire operational position. To be compliant, Smoke Barriers must be protected from a short circuit and or total power failure, this is achieved with our patented Total Gravity Fail-Safe (TGFS) system. Smoke Barriers will control the spread of smoke in a building and protect the means of escape and create tenable conditions.
- Fully compliant with BS 8524-1:2013 for Single and Overlapping fire curtains
- Safe rates of descent in accordance with BS 8524-1:2013 if there is a system corruption or wiring short or open circuit
- Total Gravity FailSafe (TGFS) operation ensures safe rates of descent even following total power loss in accordance with BS 8524-1:2013
- Single roller assembly curtains for spans up to 5m as standard. Unlimited widths can be achieved using the Overlapping assembly
- FireMaster Side Guides can incorporate smoke seals to help control smoke in accordance with BS EN 1634-3:2004 (see side guides section for drawings)
- All barriers allow egress for occupants and access to emergency services
- The ResQ-WindowTM vision panel can be installed into the FireMaster and allows first responders to assess areas before entry.